Playing test on Thursday, February 9:
Violins - EE Book 1 p. 39, #163
Viola, Cellos & Basses - EE Book 1, p. 37, #155
D Major scale* + arpeggio (D F# A)
D Major scale* - slur two notes per bow
G Major scale* + arpeggio (G B D)
G Major scale* - slur two notes per bow
C Major scale* + arpeggio (C E G)
C Major scale – slur two notes per bow
*Violins and violas, please use 4th finger
How to practice:
1) Say rhythms out loud; don't forget rests!
2) Play rhythms on open strings.
3) Say note names out loud; shadow bow while saying note names out loud.
4) Sing/say note names out loud; shadow bow while saying/singing note names out loud.
5) Play. If it helps, say/sign note names/finger numbers out loud as you are playing.
Practice logs: Please remember that practice logs are due every Monday!