Woodrow Wilson Middle School
1813 Carter Road
Roanoke, VA 24015
Phone: 540-853-2358 Fax: 540-853-2004
Home of the Presidents
“You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world.”
― Woodrow Wilson
Woodrow Wilson Middle School Mission Statement
We, the faculty, staff, parents, and students at Woodrow Wilson Middle School pledge to create a learning environment that ensures students meet or exceed state academic standards. We will have an environment that promotes skills and behaviors which enhance self-esteem and respect for one's self and the community.
Principal - Rosalind Henderson
Assistant Principal - Matthew Woods
Parents are asked to cooperate in having students dress and groom appropriately for school. General guidelines for appearance are in the Student Code of Conduct Standards and Expectations for Student Behavior K-12.
1. Shorts, dresses, and skirts must be knee length and not tight or revealing in any way.
2. See-through shirts, tank tops, net tops, bare midriffs or backs, low cut tops that expose cleavage, halter tops, pajamas, etc. are not appropriate for school. Undergarments should not be visible.
3. No hats, scarves, headbands, hoods, picks, combs, rollers, or other headgear except for bona fide religious reasons will be allowed.
4. Chains, spiked jewelry, or other jewelry symbolizing drugs, sex violence, or hate of any person or group is not permitted. Jewelry of any sort should not be worn in physical education class.
5. Bedroom slippers, roller shoes, or other footwear that may pose a safety concern may not be worn to school.
6. NO FLIP FLOPS permitted.
7. No outside coats, oversized sweatshirts, vests, or outerwear will be permitted in class. Hooded shirts are strongly discouraged. Students should wear sweaters or sweatshirts if needed for the winter months.
8. Clothing that advertises alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, gangs, or hate of any person or group is not allowed. This includes clothing with inappropriate language, pictures, and or insinuations.
9. Book bags, backpacks, and coats create a space and safety issue and should be locked in the locker during class time.
10. Pants must be belted or worn at the waist so that undergarments or skin is not exposed.
11. Makeup or hair design that is distracting is not permitted in class.
Report Cards go home Oct. 24th
Red Ribbon Week
October 27th -31st
Parent-Teacher Conference Day
Tuesday, Nov 4th noon-6pm
Parent-Teacher Conference Day
No school for students
School picture retakes will be November 5 th.
Enjoy delicious food at
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Monday, November 10th
3:00pm to 8:00pm
Tell the cashier that you're with
Woodrow Wilson Middle School and the PTA gets -
50% of the proceeds
to help your school!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR
OUR ATHLETES ABOUT
VHSL SPORTS PHYSICALS
WWMS students that plan to participate in sports
during the 14-15 school year will need to have
a VHSL Sports Physical dated May 1, 2014 or later.
Click here for more important information about
when and where to get a VHSL Sports Physical.
Click here to get a copy of the VHSL Sports Physical form.
Picking up your Child
Parents please remember to bring your photo ID when checking out your student.